Honey is a very beneficial food for the skin thanks to its content full of various vitamins and minerals. In order to benefit from these advantages of honey to the skin, we can consume it by eating it or we can apply it directly to the skin as a mask. Honey moisturizes dry skin and helps treat acne and acne spots. If your face is too dry, you can use the honey moisturizing feature. In this article, I will also publish the results of scientific research about the benefits of a honey mask.
Honey, which is a source of vitamins and minerals, has many benefits to the body, especially the immune system. It strengthens bones with calcium and helps the circulatory system with iron it contains. Honey, which we know as a natural energy source, plays an important role in preventing many health problems. Honey which is especially good for the treatment of cough, insomnia, asthma, and bronchitis, is recommended to be eaten before bedtime and at the breakfast.
Honey alleviates skin diseases such as dermatitis and dandruff. It was observed that the affected parts recovered after applying honey. It is also suggested to be beneficial for hair loss treatment. When other sugars react with auxin oxen, they leave less waste in the blood as complete combustion occurs. It is beneficial for the Heart Patients by giving activity and vitality to the heart muscle.
Honey is used for beauty as well as health benefits. It has antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties which play an important role in having healthier skin.
Is it Useful to Apply Honey to the Face?
Honey is both a food and a natural mask used for centuries to rejuvenate the skin by mixing with milk. However, honey in many countries is generally not used anywhere else than meals or is not known for many features. However, honey, which is a natural moisturizer, has the ability to both cleanse and smooth the skin. In this article, we will look for answers to the questions: “Is it beneficial or useless to apply honey to the face? Good reading.
Honey, which has antioxidant properties, has the property to prevent even DNA damage due to sunlight. Not only antioxidant properties but also the acidic properties, many useful enzymes, and anti-inflammatory structure of honey can be utilized by people with acne or oily skin. There are many products such as hair care products, baby care products, sun protection products, moisturizing lotions, and facial washing gels having honey in their content, ss there is no cosmetic product that honey does not involve in the market. For this reason, honey is the most natural product that can be applied to the face as a mask.
What are the Benefits of Honey to the Face?
Honey is not only a nutrient consumed, but it is also a natural mask, a cure. There are many written and verbal explanations that scientists say that honey can be used in wound healing, superficial burns, and treatment of skin ulcers such as a diabetic foot. Honey has the property of accelerating wound healing. Honey-dressing has been shown to be as effective as silver sulfadiazine which is commonly used in superficial burns.
In addition, it was found to be useful to apply honey to the hair by diluting with water helps dandruff, itching and hair loss caused by seborrheic eczema. On the other hand, honey has been clinically approved and scientifically proven to improve the toxic effects of skin and mucosa secondary to cancer in patients receiving radiotherapy for breast cancer, head and neck cancers. As a result of the beneficial effects of honey on the skin and since it includes many vitamins, minerals, and useful enzymes, it has started to take its place as an alternative treatment in skin diseases.
What are the vitamins found in honey?
- Vitamin B1: Improves the overall appearance of the skin.
- Vitamin B2: Protects the skin against molecules called free radicals that cause oxidation.
- Vitamin B 6: It is a necessary vitamin for the production of new skin cells. It also moisturizes the skin and protects against external factors.
- Vitamin B3: It has anti-inflammatory properties. It contributes to the healing of acne and other inflamed skin questions. Deeply hydrates skin & maintains moisture for a long time
- Vitamin C: It prevents skin dryness and problems such as itching, redness, and flaking due to dryness. It is an antioxidant vitamin and provides protection against harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Zinc: Delays the effects of aging on the skin.
How to Make a Honey Mask?
- Honey and Carrot Mask for Oily Skin
After crushing a tablespoon of honey with a large boiled carrot, mix well and leave in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool. Apply the cure to your face for 15 minutes and rinse your skin with warm water.
- Honey Mask for Dry and Flaking Skin
Put 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass bowl and mix well and apply the mixture to your face. After waiting 20 minutes, wash with warm water.
- Honey Mask for Sensitive Skin
Mash and mix a 1/2 banana, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon oat in a glass bowl until they thoroughly turn into a paste. Apply the paste to your face and neck, wait 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Honey Mask for Unwanted Acne
Mix 1 teaspoon of oats, 1 teaspoon of orange, and 1 teaspoon of honey thoroughly and apply to your face. After waiting 20 minutes, you can wash with warm water and apply a little olive oil or almond oil to moisturize the skin.
- Honey Mask for Skin Wrinkles and Skin Lines
Mix 1 pomegranate and 1 tbsp honey until they get the shape of a cream. Apply the paste to your face and neck. Leave for about 20 minutes and wash with warm water. If you apply it 2 or 3 times a week, your stains will disappear. If the stains are large and dense, you can add 3, 5 drops of lemon into the cure.
5 Best Honey Masks You Can Purchase Online
- Hot Sale Face Care Dead Skin Clean Pores Shrink Peel Off Painless Honey Tearing mask Oil Control Remove Blackhead by langery
- [TRUE ISLAND] HONEY BEE ROYAL PROPOLIS SERUM l Soft Honey Essence ; Propolis Serum; Royal Jelly Serum by TRUE ISLAND
- Raw Manuka Honey UMF 12+ – Hydrating Face Mask – Raw Honey, Organic & Unfiltered – Medical Grade Manuka Honey From New Zealand – Acne, Melasma, Eczema & Psoriasis Relief – Dry Skin Treatment (2 oz) by GoodOnYa
- SKEDERM Honey Jelly Face Mask Sheet with Royal Jelly Hyaluronic Acid Cica Extract for Nourishing and Moisturizing, Pack of 10 by Skederm
- Fast Beauty Co. Honey Drench 5Piece Box Hydrating Gold Honey Comb Masks With Hyaluronic & Collagen by Fast Beauty Co.
Concerns About the Effects of Honey on the Skin
- Does Honey Make Hairy Skin?
There is no known evidence that honey has ever caused a hairy skin.
- How long should the honey mask be kept on the face?
When you simply apply the honey to your skin, the waiting time is 10 to 15 minutes. However, when the mask is made by mixing, it is necessary not to exceed a maximum of 30 minutes. The ideal time for honey masks is 20 minutes.
- Is it harmful to apply honey to the face?
Honey has no side effects. But if your skin is sensitive and you have allergies, we recommend that you consult your doctor. If you don’t have an allergy, you won’t have a problem.
- Can I use honey every day?
Daily application of honey to the face is not the right method. Ideally, it should be used once or twice a week.
- What is the best advantage of applying honey to face?
Honey is most effective against acne, skin blemishes, acne scars, sun and birthmarks, and blackheads. In addition, honey has moisturizing properties and contributes to the softening and rejuvenation of the skin.
- Is Honey Good for Fungus and Eczema?
Honey has antioxidant properties. In other words, it will help to solve your problems such as fungal infections, eczema, and skin infections.
Warning: Before applying the recipes we have shared with you, you must make sure that you are not allergic to any ingredients used. If an unexpected effect is seen on your skin after applying any recipe, you should rinse your skin immediately and avoid using this recipe. You should remember that the information in our article is a recommendation and cannot be used for diagnosis or treatment.
What are the benefits of honey to the skin?
Did you know that honey, which has dozens of health benefits, causes tremendous beauty when applied to the skin? Honey is a food that can be both consumed and found in all seasons. It contains many vitamins and minerals. Thanks to the healthy agents (Antiseptic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Anti-bacterial) it contains, it has several benefits for the skin. It can quickly heal the damaged area on the skin, moisturize your skin, prevent wrinkles and provide many more benefits to your skin.
- If you apply honey to your face in a single thin layer, it provides your face and skin to be bright thanks to the vitamins it contains.
- Honey has moisturizing properties. Honey is an excellent natural moisturizer that moisturizes your skin and prevents crack formation.
- Removes acne and blemishes due to acne. Although it is not sufficient for the treatment of acne alone, it is helpful in the treatment of mild and moderate acne and the remaining mild acne scars.
- Honey retards aging. Honey, which has anti-aging properties, delays unwanted effects of aging, removes wrinkles, crow’s foot and tired expression, is extremely useful in the fight against years.
- Honey removes sunspots. With the regular use of honey, which is useful for removing all kinds of stains on the skin, especially on the face, shoulder and chest area of the sun’s rays, you will notice a significant reduction in your sunspots.
- Protects skin from harmful sun rays. Reduces the skin’s deterioration caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin. Honey, a natural peeling agent, helps to remove dead skin and refresh the skin.
- It contributes to the formation of new cells and tissue repair.
- Cleans pores.
- Allows black dots to be removed.
- If there is an open wound on the skin, it will heal quickly.
- Suitable for all skin types. Moisturizes the dry skin, balances the moisture content of the oily skin.
- Replenishes worn skin.
- It is beneficial in fungi and eczema treatments.
- It is effective in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Softens hands and removes wrinkles.
How Should We Apply Honey to the Skin to Benefit from Its Good Health Effects?
Honey is a food that has come from ancient times until today and we know it as a miraculous effect. Honey used to be used as medicine for many reasons such as illness, injury, skin irritation. Today, it is also used in the health and cosmetic sector. When applying honey to your skin, the most important point to be careful is that the honey should be genuine. You will not see the effect of artificially sweetened honey in any way.
Take some organic and natural honey into the bowl, add a little water and dilute it so that you can form a thin layer to apply to the skin. After 15/20 minutes rinse with plenty of water. When you make this application regularly every day, you will have redness, acne scars, black spots on your skin removed and you will have a softer, smoother baby-like skin.
Frequently Asked Questions and Concerns about the Effects of Honey on the Skin
- Does applying honey to the face cause hair growth?
Does the hair grow from the sugar contained in honey? Does honey feed hair follicles? The question is quite normal to come to your mind. However, there is no known evidence that honey makes hair growth.
- How long should honey be kept on the face?
When you simply apply the honey to your skin, the waiting time is 5 to 10 minutes. However, it should not exceed a maximum of 30 minutes when used as a mask. The ideal waiting time is 20 minutes.
- Is it harmful to apply honey to the face?
If you are not allergic to honey consumption, you will not have a problem.
- Is honey applied to the face every day?
Daily application of honey to the face is not the right method. Ideally, it is suitable to use 1 maximum 2 times a week.
- What are the benefits of applying honey to the face?
There are many benefits to applying honey to the face. The effect on pimples, acne scars, skin spots, black spots, sun, and birthmarks is great. It also moisturizes, softens and groomes the skin.
- Is honey good for fungi or eczema?
For the treatment of infectious skin diseases, fungi or eczema, apply a thin layer of honey over the skin and leave for about half an hour. Thanks to the antioxidant contained in honey, it will help you to resolve your infection-related problems.